healthy and fun snack ideas for families to make & enjoy together so take them along on your day trips! In our next two postings, we will explore day trip packing tips. Today is all about taking a day trip to the zoo or amusement park.
When you're heading off for a full day of fun at the zoo or park, you must be prepared! You'll be walking a lot in the bright sun. You don't want to forget any essentials and have to cut your day short. And we don't have to tell you what happens if you forget snacks...
Here's a list of the items I never leave for a day trip without. It may seem long, but remember, you can keep some of the items in the car in case you need them.
- Cell phone (in a plastic bag)
- Water bottle - HALF FILLED FROZEN and then filled to the top with water!
- Membership card, entrance pass or discount coupons for the park or zoo.
- Basic first aid kit
- Book – for down time if your kids are on a ride (some of those lines get long!)
- Camera – take a picture of each child when you arrive – so that if they get lost, you remember what they are wearing, and can show a picture of them
Change of clothes – keep in the car
- Comfortable shoes
- Hand sanitizer
Items for baby or younger kids – stroller, diapers, wipes, change of clothes, bottle, special food and toys
- Light jacket – keep in the car if there’s a sunny chance of meatballs
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications that you might need (headache, allergy)
- Phone numbers – type up a sheet of emergency phone numbers and put one in your kid's pocket, plus one in an adults.
- Hat - keep the sun from beating down on your head
- Swim suit, towel, swim shoes – if you plan on adventuring on water rides
- Wet wipes
- Resealable bags – to put electronics (phone, camera) in if going on a wet ride
Don't forget, have fun and be safe!